Monday, March 14, 2011

Conversations with Hayden and Emerson

I was in my room unpacking from my girls trip and happened to catch Hayden talking to Emerson as she sat in her Bumbo.  It went a little something like this-

Hayden: "Emerson, I will love you forever and ever and ever.  When you were in mommies tummy I told you I wanted to put you back in it and I also called you nothing, but I think you are really sweet."

 I completely forgot how he was not excited about having a baby sister.  He always said he wanted a brother and when I found it was a girl I was actually afraid to tell him he was going to have a sister.  He actually told me if it was a girl we could just put her back in my tummy.  He took the news better than I thought, except he did not like the Emerson Reese.  Whenever anyone asked us what we were going to name her, Hayden would reply "nobody or nothing".  I got some funny looks from people after that response. Then he finally started warming up to the idea of having a baby sister and he decided he was okay with the name Reese Cup.  He called her that for a long time.  He has been so amazing with her and is such a great big brother.  He even decided she was cool enough and decided he could call her by her name, Emerson.

The end of the above conversation ended like this:

Hayden:  "Here Emerson, stick you finger in your nose"

Yep, he crammed her fat little finger right into her nose.

No comments: