Monday, June 13, 2011

First sleep over

Hayden had his first sleep over with his buddy Jacob.  Of course, Jacob had to spend the night with us because Hayden refuses to sleep at anyone elses house.  I can see many late night phone calls, in the future, because Hayden has a "stomach ache" and can't sleep over at that person's house.  Well, the first sleepover was a complete success.  Jacob did wonderful and the boys had a blast.  They begged to stay up late and watch a movie...staying up late for them is 9:00pm.  They were worn out from swimming and playing so it was pretty easy to put them to bed.  They were both sound asleep, curled up in their sleeping bags on Hayden's bedroom floor by 9:30.  They were up bright and early at 6:45am, ready for breakfast.  As they ate, I listened to their conversation-

Hayden-Jacob, do you want to spend the night with me again?

Jacob-Yes, I want to spend the night forever.

Hayden-And that means you can be my brother.

They were both so sad when Jacob had to go home.  Poor Hayden cried and said he wanted Jacob to spend the night forever.  Then he went on to tell me-

"Mommy, Jacob had a bad dream last night.  And I told him that when I have a bad dream that I just think about Jesus."


That boys is something special!!

No comments: