Friday, August 12, 2011

Emerson is 9 months

Really, it is so hard for me to believe that you are nine months old.  I know I say it every month, but now it is creeping towards the big ONE.  That means time to start preparing for your first birthday bash.  YEAH!!!  However, that is still three months away and you have a lot more things on your agenda to accomplish before your birthday.  You know...like saying...MOMA.  Okay, I won't mind if Dada is your first word.

This month you are still sleeping so so, from about 8pm to around 5am.  Please, just one more hour, if you could push it to 6am I would be a very happy momma.  You have mastered crawling and are pulling up on everything.  You have learned to open cabinets and get into them.  Babyproofing is in full effect.  You really keep us on our toes.  I have to say I am ready for you to walk, only because you being so low to the ground it trouble.  You can find the smallest object and it goes straight into your mouth.  A few things I have found in your mouth over the past month...small piece of ham, tiny rock, carpet, mulch and that is just to name a few.  I sure have been vacuuming a lot more since you have been crawling.  You have decided you are not a big fan of the car seat.  Any trip over 30 minutes and you are not happy.  That can make for a long car ride!!  I know that it is just a phase and that it too shall pass.  It seems like every phase is passing so quickly.  I look at you and see such a big girl.  Technically, you are still a baby, but to me you are not my little baby that I can hold and cuddle all day.  Nope, you don't have much time for cuddling these days because you have to be on the move.  That is okay, because it makes those moments I do get to cuddle you so much more special!!

No comments: