Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Missing Hayden

Last Saturday we dropped Hayden off for a week long stay with his Mimi and Pop Pop.  It has been over a year since Hayden has spent the night out.  Ever since right before Emerson was born, he has refused to spend the night at any one's house so David and I were a little worried about how this week would go. 

The exchange took place somewhere in the middle of Alabama at the Mayo family reunion.  Seriously, I still don't even know what city we were in.  The trip to the reunion was going great until the last ten minutes when we were completely lost, had no cell phone reception to call and get better directions and Emerson decides to projectile vomit, three times, all over the place.  What a waste of a cute outfit.  I pictured her looking so sweet in her ruffled romper, but what she ended up wearing was nothing but her blue jeans diaper.  Perfect for a family reunion, in the middle of nowhere.  She fit right in!!  We were at the reunion for about two hours, enough time for the kids to see the brand new baby calf and for David to enjoy the buffet of typical, southern family reunion food.  Ha ha...if you know David, you know that he does not like buffets or pot lucks.  He said if it were not for the banana pudding..he would have been starving.  Like I said, this is where the exchange happened and it went down somewhat how I expected.  Hayden gave us lots of hugs, kisses and tears.  We received a text about five minutes later saying that he was doing great.  Since then, we have spoken to him a handful of times and he is just too busy and having to much fun to talk to us.  I am so glad he is having a blast and getting to spend some special time with my parents. 

In less than a month, my baby boy will be turning five.  I really can not believe how fast these five years have gone by.  I was looking back at some of pictures of him when he was little and it really feels like just yesterday that we were bringing him home from Cullman, Alabama in the car seat that my parents had to run to Walmart and buy.  Here are a few of my favorites from his 1st year: 

At the hospital

First Halloween


First Bath

First Christmas


Teddy sure is white



First Easter













First few steps






First boat ride




No comments: