Thursday, November 22, 2012

Playing catch up on Thankful days

Leave it to me to get behind on my Thankful days, I don't even know what day I am on.  It's not that I  am not thankful every single day, it's just sometimes there is just not enough time in the day or am just plain to tired.  That has pretty much been the story of my life these past nine months.  I am thankful that David has put up with me.  I am blessed he goes to work every day so I can stay at home with the kids.  It is truly the toughest job I have ever done, but the most rewarding and fulfilling by far.  I am surprised David has not fired me over the past nine months.  The truth is, my skills have been lacking.  There have been way more days where the laundry was pushed aside, the house was wreck, dinner was not cooked and you would be lucky to find a bowl of cereal to eat as I never made it to the grocery store.  He has walked in the door from a long, hard day at work to find utter chaos many days.  I'm sure he would have loved to shut the door and pretend like he never came home, but he always walked in, not always with a smile, but at least he didn't turn and run.   He would take the kids to dinner, bathe them and put them to bed as I lay on the couch.  He is truly a hands on Dad and is always there to take care of us.  I feel lucky every single day that he is my husband and the father to our children.

No comments: