Sunday, December 15, 2013

Emerson's Christmas program and Santa Party

The fact that Emerson participated in the choir program to me is still a complete shock to me.  We attend choir every Wednesday night, she loves choir, she loves to sing and dance, but never did I think she would stand still during an hour long program.  A few nights that had rehearsal for the program in the "big kids" choir.  When I find out there was rehearsal, I was just going to pull Emerson out, but Mandi insisted she stay just to see how she does.  Well, they all raved at how awesome she did and mentioned how they planned for her to be in the program and she was front and center.  First, I cant imagine why they would put my wild girl front and center, I could only imagine the chaos she would create the night of the program.  Oh, the things I imagined in my head that could go wrong, very, very wrong the night of the program.  So, a week ago they had a rehearsal in the gym, on the risers, and this would be the true test.  I found a chair in the very back and braced myself.  That night, I have never, ever laughed so hard, I couldn't catch my breath and had tears streaming down my face.  She was an absolute angel, she smiled, she pretended to play the hand bells and sang her little heart out, all as she stood front and center.  Honestly, she was better behaved than the six year olds in the program.   This was it...there was no way I was not going to let her sing in this program.  No one should miss seeing her shine.  So that night at the program, she did absolutely amazing.  There was a little wardrobe malfunction with her halo, but nothing major.  I was so proud of her, I can't believe I ever doubted that she would stand and sing.  There is nothing this girl can't do.

This was rehearsal night










After the Chrismas program, we rushed to our neighborhood Santa party.  We get together for snacks, a kids gift exchange and best of all, Santa comes for a short visit for the kids.  




No comments: