Monday, May 16, 2011

6 months

I am a little late to posting, but you are officially 6 months old or as Hayden says.."you are none".  He is so proud to show you off.  He tells everyone, "This is my sister Emerson, she has no teeth and is none".  He speaks the truth!!  You still do not have any teeth, but I have a feeling it could be any day now.  You are really chewing and gnawing on your hands and anything else that is within reaching distance.  You are still doing pretty good in your crib, however, you are not sleeping as well.  You are getting up a few times and fussing, but seem to cry yourself back to sleep.  Then, around 4-4:30am you are up and ready to eat.  Luckily, you go right back to sleep after eating, but 4:30 is still a little rough on your mommy.  I hope you get back to sleeping until 6 or 7am soon.  You are not napping well either...I am listening to you scream as I type.  I was hoping to have you to 2 naps a day by now, but it seems you are on your own schedule and will only take about three 10 minute cat naps.   We will all be much happier once we get a good system down!!

You now know who your mommy and daddy are and you are not so sure of strangers.  You are very picky with who you will allow to hold you. You will smile at anyone as long as I am holding you, but once you leave my arms you go to screaming.  I am hoping you will not have major stranger anxiety like your brother and will come out of it soon.  In fact, I have been putting off taking you to the nursery at church because I am too scared you will scream the whole time.  Yesterday, I decided was the day and you went to the nursery for the first time.  I help on to the buzzer waiting for it to go off, but it never did.  I was so excited, until the last five minutes of church I could hear screaming from down the hallway.  I looked at your daddy and we both knew it was you, so off I went.  Sure enough, this poor woman was hugging and kissing on you and you were just screaming.  As I took you from her, you immediatly stopped and looked at her with a big smile.  You are such the tease. 

You are sitting pretty well on your own.  You love pulling hair and scream with delight when you get a good handful of hair.  You still stick your "lizard tongue" out all the time and are now smacking your lips, blowing rasberries and spitting.  Don't know why, but you love to spit.  I have switched you to oatmeal and you are doing much better.  You now eat oatmeal, sweet potatoes and carrots.  Next I will start trying some peas, green beans and avocado...can't wait to see what you think of those. 

These past 6 months have really flown by.  I can't believe how much you have changed.  You personality is really starting to show and everyday you are doing something new.   I can't wait to see what these next few months have in store for us, but for now, I am going to enjoy every moment with you while you are 6 months old. 
Here you are spitting

It is getting harder and harder to get you to sit still in this chair


No comments: