Friday, September 16, 2011

Hayden's big 5 birthday


 My little boy is now a big boy. He is five years old. I don't know what it is about the number five, but it just seems so BIG. I mean five is when many kids start kindergarten and that is just too much for me to handle. I am so glad Hayden is not going this year. I have one more year of having him home with me until he goes off to school for the next, I don't know, close to 20 years. Okay, I digress, back to the fact that Hayden officially turned five September 9th. He has been counting down the days to his birthday and more importantly, his birthday party. This year he is all about batman so, of course, he had to have a batman party. Not only did he want a batman party, but he requested a batman costume and a bad guy, preferably the joker, so he could "destroy the joker" in front of his friends. You ask and you shall receive, my sweet big boy. I actually really got into his birthday this year and decided channel my Martha Stewart and make capes for all the kids, 14 to be exact. They were not perfect, but they worked. We held the party at the park and were so lucky as it poured rain about an hour before his party stated, then the sun came out just long enough for the party to end. Hayden was geared up in his full batman costume, the kids flew around the park in their capes and mask they decorated, the joker showed up for a few photos (batman was not completely sure and decided not to destroy the joker), Hayden blew out 5 candles on his oreo cupcake and opened his presents before the storm came in and the party ended. He told me this was his favorite birthday ever!
Batman and Andrew
Maria and Maxwell with the capes
Maggie, Hayden, Abigail and Gabbi
Decorating the masks
Hayden and Cole
Batman and the Joker
Batgirl and the Joker
Making a wish

1 comment:

holly said...

ok, this makes me really sad to see this post! I hope you/hayden were thinking this party was not complete without Had-e-ley ;( Looks like fun, and I'm super impressed with your sweet cape-making skills!