Thursday, September 15, 2011

Im going to miss this!

Hayden started his new Pre-K class at our church, Franklin First United Methodist.  This is his third year going to this school and every year has been a new adventure.  Typically, he is one of a handful of boys in the class, however, this year he is one of ten boys.  That is right...ten boys!!  I feel awful for the teacher, I just know that class will be absolutely wild.  Mrs. Kimberly and Mrs. Bonnie are his teachers this year and they really seem great.  The are very comforting and loving, just what Hayden needs.

This first few days of school Hayden demanded at least four or five kisses and hugs before he would let me go and held on to me a little tight.  This is an improvement over the old days where I would have to drag him down the hallway screaming and kicking.  Those days were awful, I will never forget them.  Things are different this year.  I don't know if it is because he is getting older and has this school thing down or if he is truly enjoying this class this year with all the boys, but he really seems to be into school. Like I said drop off has been far less painful and when I pick him up he seemes like he had an absolute blast.  Today was a day I will never forget.  This morning he said he could not wait to go to school, which caught me off guard because he usually says his "stomach hurts" and he does not want to go. In the car, on the way to school he told me he was going to play with his friend Kellen, this is the one boy Hayden always talks about from his class. They have become great buds and they even "invented a potion that will make girls have two heads".   I can see where this all boys class thing is leading too! So we walked into his classroom and there was Kellen and off Hayden went.  I watched him closely as he chatted with his friend and wondered if I should just leave, but I didn't want to leave without saying bye. I called his name and told him to come give me a kiss... and that is the first time he never came to give me a hug and kiss (insert sad face here).  WHAT...I didn't realize the week he turns five he turns into such a big boy.  It is all happening too quickly and though I am so proud of my boy....I am really going to miss those hugs and kisses.  I remember when this song came out by "Hootie" and thinking to myself at this one part in the song, I wonder how long this will last? 

And when he drops him off at preschool
He's clinging to her leg
The teacher peels him off of her
She says what can I do
She says now don't you worry
This’ll only last a week or two

It won’t be like this for long
One day we'll look back laughin’
At the week we brought him home
This phase is gonna fly by
So baby just hold on
'Cause it won't be like this for long'





So true!  Today was the day he did not even look back.  Not one hug or kiss, just a smile to let me know he was okay.  It might take a day or two, but I will be okay too.

No comments: