Thursday, October 13, 2011

11 months

It is true...you are 11 months old and full of feist.  I still think of you as my tiny, little baby who sleeps beside our bed in the bouncy seat.  You are not so tiny anymore, you have tripled your birth weight and weigh in just over 18lbs.  However, you still seem just too small to be walking.  That is right, you are pretty much done with the whole crawling thing.  You are steady on your feet and are now walking more than you crawl.  You are full speed ahead and you will see from the 11 month photo session...you refuse to sit now that you have learned a new skill.  However, it will be a big relief to have you up off the floor, because I am hoping you will not find so many small objects to put in your mouth.  You have three teeth up top and still two on the bottom.  I still rub your head, but it is not fuzzy like it used to be.  There is actually hair, not just peach fuzz, and maybe just enough for a tiny bow.  I wonder how many bows and barrettes we will lose over the years, I have a feeling you are going to pull them out of your hair and maybe even try and eat them, like you do everything else. The color of your hair is still a mystery.  A lady the other day said "Aww, look at that blonde".  Other people have commented on the red in your hair.  I just can't wait for you to have hair because I am so over the question "Is it a boy or a girl".  You nap twice a day which is nice, but yet I sometimes feel like I am confined to the house.  You get up between 5:30 and 7:30am and then go back down two hours later for your first nap.  You usually take a good two hour nap.  Then you go back down around 4:30 for your second nap which last about an hour.  I feel bad, because I have neglected you with your food choices.  I give you the same things, carrots, peas, cheese, bananas and cheerios.  I tried eggs and you were not having it.  I really need to start introducing you to new, healthy, foods.  You just started saying DaDa and Bye Bye.  Bye Bye is by far your favorite word..You are so proud, because you learned to clap.  All we have to do is say YEA...and you start clapping those little hands and smile showing your little teeth.  In fact, the other night I put you down for the night and through the monitor I could hear you clapping a good 30 minutes before you decided to go to sleep.  Every day it seems like you are doing something new, it is hard to keep up you are growing and changing so fast.  So, this is the last update before you turn the big O-N-E.  This year has truly gone by in a flash.  You are loved more than you will ever know, dear Emerson.  We can't wait to celebrate your first year!! 

This photo session was a bust!!  First, you refused to sit.  Second, you decided that the sticker was better off in your mouth than on your shirt.  I pretty much just totally gave up on getting a good picture this month.  However, the ones I did get are classic!!
Can you see the hair hanging over her ear?
Yep, here is were it all goes down hill

So long cute sticker


Check out my foot!


1 comment:

Angela Zuill said...

Our babies are growing too fast! I love your monthly Emerson posts :)