Thursday, January 5, 2012

Programs and Parties

Wow, I am way behind on blogging, but it has been busy between the Christmas programs at school and choir, shopping for Christmas, and having both kids at home with school being out. Our little boy has become quite the singer. I was very tempted to sign Hayden up for a singing solo in the Christmas program with choir, but instead I signed him up for a little speaking part..."and when they had heard the king, they departed". We practiced one time and he had it memorized, such a smart boy. The best part of the whole program to me was the fact that my Shepard somehow was the only one to get a pink robe and head piece, oh well, he was by far the cutest, pink Shepard ever. I have to say he nailed his speaking part even though you could not understand one word he or the rest of the kids said. It was so sweet and special to see the program come to life after all the practice and time the kids put into it. Hayden is so confident of his choir skills that he told me he wants a singing solo next year in the program.




He also had a Christmas program at school. Unlike the choir program, he was very comfortable on stage and was throwing signs. Typically, I would shake my finger at him and tell him to behave, but he was signing "I love you". How could I be mad at that? They sang some cute Christmas songs including the Itsy Bitsy Snowman...


The Itsy Bitsy snowman
Standing in the snow
Down came some flakes
And made the snowman grow

Out came the sun
And shined its golden ray
And the Itsy Bitsy snowman
Melted right away

I am so going to miss his FUMC Christmas program and party. He has been at FUMC preschool for three years. It is hard to believe this is his last preschool Christmas party before kindergarten.

No comments: