Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The best present of all

On December 16, 2012 at 6:50 pm a precious, little boy was born into this world.  This little boy is the best Christmas present we could have ever dreamed of.  He entered this world screaming and peeing and I will never forget those three words...."it's a boy"!  My biggest baby, weighing in at 7lbs 8oz and 20.5 inches long and a head full of hair.  I should have know by those nights of heartburn that this child would have hair.  I never, ever have heartburn so this is the one wives tale that actually proves to be true.  It was a quick and easy labor.  We got to the hospital around around 3:30 after a quick stop by Krystal's for David to grab a bite.  I truly thought I had a bladder infection and never imagined that day would be the day we would meet Our son. We checked in and I was only 1-2 cm so they decided to watch me for about an hour and see if I progressed or if it was just early labor because it was not a bladder infection.  The nurse came back in 45 minutes later and to everyone's surprise I was almost 7cm dilated and from there, the craziness and mad dash began.  The nurses rushed in and started my IV, after two of my veins blew, the epideral was started and only partially worked and then a few minutes later....Griffin Wells entered our lives.  This boy is something else, he won me over the moment I laid my eyes on him.  His skin was perfect and much darker than his brother and sisters.  His hair stood straight up like a mohawk and his big, wide eyes starred back at me as I held him for the first time.  It's a moment I will never forget.  There is nothing like finally seeing the baby you have carried and dreamed about for ten months.  He was just perfect!  I was able to hold him and feed him before they took him off to the nursery.  He had to get cleaned up and bathe because he had company coming to meet him.  Big brother and sister were very anxious to meet Griffin and came to the hospital to meet him with Bob and Sonia.  Hayden was so excited to have a brother and Emerson, well, it took her a few minutes to take it all in and then she finally warmed up to him.  Since we have been home, she has become my little helper.  She has to help give him a bottle, constantly tries to stick a pacifier in his mouth, shushes him any time he makes a noise and is the first one to his side if he whimpers saying "uh oh, baby brofer".  Hayden watches over him like the big brother he is and loves to hold him and rub his fuzzy head.  I have to say, Griffin fits right in to our little family.  He really is the one who makes our family whole.  I can't imagine not having him here with us and am so thankful that God gave us this special gift.  




















1 comment:

holly said...

I love him so much!