Friday, August 17, 2012

Too cool for school

Yesterday was a big day for Hayden as he had a half day of Kindergarten.  I did not feel real since it was such a short day, but it was perfect for Hayden.  He was very anxious and nervous, complained that his stomach hurt, but not one tear.  He carried his backpack, walked down the hall and right into his classroom.  I took a few pictures and he hardly noticed I was there as he was playing with his friend, Jacob.  I was so excited to go pick him up and hear how his day was.  As I sat in the car rider line, I saw the teacher bring him and his class out and they all sat down.  He spotted me, flashed a big smile and continued talking and laughing with his friends.  I could tell he had a great time.  His teacher brought him to the car and I asked how he did.  She told me how sweet he was and that he was a great role model for some of the kids.  Im so proud of him!!  We are really going to love Winstead.  That night, they put a balloon and pompom on the door, it was such a sweet surprise.













Today was another big day for Hayden, it was his very first full day of Kindergarten.  I can't believe the day is finally here that I send my baby boy of to school, for the next 18 years or so.  Again, he was nervous and a little apprehensive.  As we walked into the school, he grabbed my hand and I started to panic, thinking here we go, this could be bad, but when he saw his class and teacher he let go of my hand, walked right in and started talking to his teacher.  Didn't look back or even say bye.  It was such a relief, but I so wanted to give him a hug or at least a good bye.  So, since he was good, the Moms were invited to a BooHoo Breakfast which was very nice.  They served us a great breakfast, I met some more Moms in Hayden's class and they read on of my all time favorite books to read to Hayden, The Kissing Hand.  I bought this book when Hayden was three and was having a very hard time going to school, screaming and kicking going down the hall.  It was about a little raccoon who was scared to go to school, so his mom would kiss the middle of his hands, and close his had.  He could hold that kiss  and when he though of her he could open up his had and her kiss would still be there.  He got kissing hands every morning going to school and we still do kissing hands.   As they were reading, it reminded me of one of my favorite pictures of Hayden and Emerson.  She was only a week old and I was taking pictures of her on my bed.  Hayden jumped up on the bed and I saw him grabbing her hands, I asked what he was doing.  He told me he was giving her kissing hands so she would know how much he loves her.  That boy is pure gold!!  I will be counting down the hours until I see his sweet face and can't  wait to hear all about his first day.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love Hayden giving Emerson kissing hands! So sweet!