Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Feeling under the weather

My intent today was to get out, but I have come down with a pounding headache and sore throat.  I am okay with it as it is rainy and snowy today.  A good day to cuddle up (I may or may not be cuddled up in a snuggie I received for Christmas),watch Hayden play angry birds on "his" IPad, and listen to Emerson sleep peacefully.  I love a good lazy day!!

Oh yeah-Last night Emerson decided she did not want to sleep and at 2 am decided it was time to play.  So I am up jealous that my husband beside me is sleeping like a baby (not sure why the real baby was not sleeping).  As I lay awake, I can't help but be annoyed by his snoring.  One..because I wish I was snoring and two...because it is loud.  I tell him to flip over and every once in a while might give him a kick.  Last night he got back at me and gave me to two swift kicks to my leg.  I am talking two hard kicks.  His excuse-"I was dreaming a mountain lion was biting my leg and I was kicking to get him off".  Hmm...not so sure if this is the truth or if it is payback from all the kicks I have thrown his way over the years.


1 comment:

Angela said...

Oh Meredith, when I read this I could totally relate. There have been so many times when Will has been asleep and I just cast jealous looks his direction. Just to be the father for one day, right? I've been guilty of throwing a swift kick Will's direction too :)