Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Who makes the cut?

I am not a get up in early in the morning type of girl.  I like to sleep in, but that rarely happens with kids.  If it is not Emerson waking me up to eat in the morning, then it is the footsteps of Hayden coming down the stairs.  Oh, how I anticipate him coming in our bedroom door and jumping on the bed and asking "How did baby girl sleep last night".  It is so sweet.  However, lately he brings his entourage of stuffed animals down with him in the morning.  I do not know how he has not come tumbling down the stairs yet with all his animals.  David and I laugh and wonder how he picks who makes the cut to come down in the morning.  He has about 20 animals that sleep with him and usually only about two or three make the cut.  Today, there were much more than usual.  We have teddy, blankie and soft blankie (they always make the cut), long tooth, max, guitar, piggy and UT scooby doo.  He said they all wanted to come see baby Emerson this morning.  What a great way to start the morning!!

No comments: