Monday, November 21, 2011

Emerson's Birthday Party

On Saturday, November 12th we celebrated Emerson's first year of life.  Everything was amazing from the rainbow cake's to the friends and family that helped us celebrate.  I really enjoyed planning and preparing for her rainbow themed birthday party.  I spent a lot of time printing, cutting, glueing and baking.  My mom helped a great deal with the Mason jar cakes, smash cake and Oreo favors and I assigned Sonia the task of the Rainbow cake. There were seven layers to the cake and I was pretty much too scared to take on that task. It all turned out just how I imagined.  I have to say, I am glad there is only one first birthday party.  It was fun, but not sure I want to do it for every birthday.  However, my sweet babies are totally worth it.
I have to say I did not get near as many pictures as I was hoping.  I bought Emerson a sweet dress off Etsy with a matching bowtie for Hayden.  I wanted to get a cute picture of them together, but poor Hayden was under the weather and was not in the partying or picture taking mood.  I felt so awful for him, he did not even get to really enjoy his cake.  Emerson, however, did get to enjoy her cake.  It took her a minute to realize exactly what was sitting in front of her, but once she did she slowly dug into her smash cake.  I thought she would go crazy over it considering how much she loves anything with sugar in it. 

It was a great party for a deserving little girl.  She is such a sweet, amazing little girl.

2 comments:

holly said...

beautiful baby and beautiful party! did you do the cake?

Angela Zuill said...

Great photos Meredith! You did such a great job with her party, and that layered cake looked amazing! Sonia outdid herself!! I so hate that I wasn't able to be there!