Friday, November 4, 2011

Ladybug Girl and Batman

David is not a huge fan of Halloween, he calls it the Devil holiday. I totally disagree, I love everything about it. To me it is the beginning of cool weather and the start of the holiday season. There is something about kids dressed up with huge smiles on their faces as they race from house to house to fill their bags full of candy. I can't imagine how David could not love Halloween, because he is not afraid to dig into Hayden's candy. I think about the the kids decorating pumpkins. David thinks about the kids smashing pumpkins. I think about how much fun people have decorating their houses with creepy spiders, graveyards, ghosts and ghouls. David thinks about our house and cars and hopes we don't get egged. I think he forgets about all that when he see's Hayden and Emerson all dressed up and the excitement on Hayden's face. Seriously, has there ever been a cuter ladybug in all the world? And how lucky is that ladybug to have a superhero, big brother to watch over her? She sat in the wagon the whole time, holding onto a lightsaber and never made a peep. Just watched as Hayden and his friends filled up their bags full of candy. I know next year she will be running right behind her brother, treat bag in tow, and a huge smile on her face.

No comments: