Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday

Today is a big day!  One year ago today, in the early hours of the morning you entered this world.  A whole two pounds bigger than your brother and to our surprise, dark hair.  You were wide eyed and alert from the moment you were born. You looked nothing of your brother, you were your own person from the start.  I will never forget the second night in the hospital, after everyone had left, I laid you on my knees and just stared at you forever, just amazed at how perfect you were.  With your foggy,newborn eyes, you stared back at me as if you could see clearly and that you had known me forever.  For two hours we did this.  I snapped picture after picture so I could remember your newborn face and eyes staring back at me.  And finally, a yawn, your eyes shut and I knew it was okay to let you go off to the nursery.  Especially, because our wonderful neighbor Debbie took care of you in the nursery that night, she even made a special hat for the most special girl I know.  Happy Birthday sweet girl!!

No comments: