Friday, November 4, 2011

A lesson in sharing

The funny thing about Hayden and Halloween is that once he has all his candy, sorts through it and takes inventory, he rarely ask for it. I think David and I end up eating most of it. Well, today he asked for a piece after school. He picked out a ring pop and as soon as Emerson heard them wrapper she came running. Remember, this girl has a serious sweet tooth, she can sense sugar a mile away. It is kind of crazy. I could open a cracker package right in front of her and she wouldn't even blink. But if I were to open an ice-cream or piece of candy, she could hear it from upstairs and would do everything she could to get down the stairs to get a lick. So, Hayden being then sweet boy he is, asked if Emerson could have a lick. Pretty impressive, I am not so sure I would share my candy...haha. One lick from Emerson and it was OVER! She was hooked. I had to have Hayden hide in our room with the door shut. She banged on that door for a good 10 minutes, before she finally gave up. I learned my lesson. I will think twice before allowing Hayden to share sweets with his sister again.  I love the progression of these pictures...first she is getting into trouble looking all sweet, then she hears zones in on the ring pop and watch as she creeps into the picture and then you see the reaction as I tell Hayden to run for his life. 

Trouble

So sweet and innocent

So excited about his ring pop

We have a creeper
Give me some
Yum
and another lick
one more
Why is that not in my mouth?
So very sad

No comments: